KETTERING TRAINING SERVICES
Why we collect information about you
We collect personal information about you to enable us to administer, manage and deliver a Study Programme or Apprenticeship to you. We may receive information about you from your previous school; Prospects; the Learning Records Service; or other support agencies such as Social Services. We collect categories of data which include:
- Personal details; Name, address; NI number; date of birth; gender; telephone number; email address; household information
- Ethnicity; language; nationality; country of birth;
- Any disabilities, special education needs or relevant medical information; including EHCP’s or other learning and care plans; free school meal entitlement; personal benefits like PIP and ESA
- Attendance and absence information; employment status
- Assessment results
- Next of Kin details
- Voice and/or video recordings
How will we use the information we hold about you?
We will use learner or apprentice data to:
- Support a learner/apprentice’s education or study
- Monitor and report a learner/apprentice’s progress
- Provide appropriate pastoral care
- Assess the quality of our services
- Comply with the law regarding data sharing
- Voice and/or video recordings are used for examination/assessment purposes
What is the basis for us to process your data?
Most of the information you provide together with additional information we may gather is mandatory and will form a contract between you and Kettering Training Services.
Some information we may ask you to provide is voluntary and we will inform you whether you have a choice in this.
If we take photographs or footage of you for marketing purposes, we will obtain your written consent. Your consent will be valid for the life of the image or footage. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, if you do we will no longer use your image/footage and it will be deleted from our records.
Who we will share your information with
We will only share information with other organisations where it is necessary, either to comply with a legal obligation, or where permitted under Data Protection legislation. We routinely share learner/apprentice information with:
- Educations & Skills Funding Agency
- Placement providers/organisations
- Digital and other learning providers
- Examination Assessors
- Internal and external verifiers
Photographic images or footage may be placed in the public domain, for example on social media or on our website (this does not include voice and/or video recordings for the purposes of examination/assessments).
Other ways we may use your details
As a responsible learning provider, we may from time to time need to contact third parties to discuss your well-being or other matters. We will only do this where there is a legitimate interest to do so.
How long do we keep your records?
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The majority of information outlined in this privacy statement will be kept for a maximum of 7 years. Documents such as qualification certificates are kept for 3 years and information relating to your progression is kept for 1 year.
For further information:
For details regarding your rights under Data Protection law or how to make a complaint if you think we have mishandled your personal information, please visit: