Growing people, growing business
“We believe in helping our customers achieve their full potential and supporting them every step of the way on their learning journey with local employers.”
Hire an apprentice and boost your business
Our apprenticeship programme has seen local employers grow from strength to strength. We develop long-term relationships with the businesses we work with, our ethos of helping individuals to succeed has supported businesses to take on a number of apprentices and develop a sustainable and skilled workforce.
We specialise in the delivery of:
Business Administration – Frameworks (Level 2&3) and Standard Level 3
Customer Service – Frameworks (Level 2&3) and Standards (Level 2&3)
Health and Social Care – Standards (Level 2&3)
Printed and Printed Packaging – Frameworks (Level 2&3)
Team Leading – Framework (Level 2)
Sewn Products – Frameworks (Level 2&3)
KTS will support you from start to finish in finding the right person for your business. We’ll help write a detailed job description, advertise the vacancy and shortlist applicants for you to hire an apprentice.
We can help your business create and implement a successfully Apprenticeship Levy Strategy to make the most of your levy contributions and upskill new or existing staff. We will take the time to understand your business, what you value and find the right people to grow your workforce.
How does the Levy affect my business:
- The Apprenticeship Levy was introduced in April 2017
- The Levy applies to all large organisations with an annual payroll of over £3million, regardless of whether they already employ apprentices or not
- It will be payable by employers in the UK at a rate of 0.5% of the payroll cost, through PAYE alongside Income Tax and National Insurance
- Public sector organisations will also pay the Levy if their payroll meets the above criteria and in addition, 2.32% of their workforce must be apprentice
Non Levy paying employers:
- Non Levy employers will have to share the cost of training and assessing apprentices, with the government
- Since May 2017 co-investment of 10% is required by SMEs for all apprenticeship training
- A direct payment schedule will be agreed with the training provider, with costs based on the maximum funding banding for the apprenticeship training
Work Experience: ‘Aspiration, Achievement and Worth’
At KTS we inspire our learners to unlock their potential to go further than they felt possible by finding supportive, proactive and like-minded employers to place a young person in their business.
Work experience is an invaluable part of our learners’ development to show them local employment opportunities, develop soft skills and gain confidence. It has also proven to be an excellent benefit to an employers’ recruitment strategy in a socially responsible way by offering a young person a trial before committing to offering employment.
If you can offer our eager learners an opportunity to experience what it’s like to work in your business please call us on 01536 535 900 or email email@example.com